LoveJourney Temple Needs You!
We especially invite you who’ve done work exchange with us before, to gain credit in advance for events. Below are important tasks that help maintain the Temple which thrives with our love and contributions.
Payments and scholarships, combined with completing an agreed-upon work exchange commitment in advance makes early registration discounts possible and our programs very affordable. You can increase the availability of scholarships by making a donation and sharing our GoFundMe campaign with your friends.
Alleviate the need to do work exchange during the program by putting in your Seva (sacred service) ahead of time.
Fill out our Work Exchange Application to get started!
Come! Groom our Temple and stay to enjoy gardens and hot tubs!
Grounds and Gardening Support
Do you enjoy gardening? Consider yourself handy? Enjoy home improvement tasks? Mark, our Land Manager, has his hands full with projects. Come help the land flourish!
- Mow 3 small lawns
- Weed undulating path through orchard
- Clear blackberries from everywhere but fence
- Pull vines off trees and cut suckers from base
- Sift compost to gain soil, add to and mix deeply
- Clear potato vines off power lines and trees
- Trim back and front hedges
- If you have a pick-up or trailer, make dump runs about every two weeks
- Trim jasmine bush off tree and stake
- Clean out and fill earthquake bottles
- Refinish wood top of dishwasher and treat
- Refinish wood surround for soft tub – sand, redwood stain, seal
- Set up bed frames in studio
- Help repair fence around hot tub garden
- Replace latch on fence by soft tub
- Setup shed near house for cushions for deck chairs
- Transplant flowers from veggie garden to main garden
Do you consider yourself organized? Are you savvy with computer programs? Do you enjoy getting your hands on a task and streamlining it? We need on-going support in the office with basic filing, and database upkeep.
Best if you can come on a regular basis. Once a week?
- Help re-organize filing system
- Filing big backlog of papers and maintain on regular basis
- Enter cash receipts in Excel spreadsheet for taxes and file
- Make copies and run errands
- Basic data entry and computer file organization
- Organize photos on computer
- Post event fliers in your community
- Forward emails about events to your list
- Re-post on Facebook and Social Media Sites
- Actively pursue referrals
- Help make calls and raise funds for the Scholarship Fund
Life at a Temple is never mundane! Like all homes, there is repair needed. Are you great at restoration? Are you good with tools and love being part of a project? The task will be determined in accordance with your commitment and expertise.
Sewing and Mending
Are you good with needle and thread?
Do you have a sewing machine and expertise?
- Shorten pants, skirts, sleeves for Evalena
- Mend and do minor alterations
- Darn socks